The 1896 Corning fire destroyed the bank that was located at 800 Davis Avenue. The limestone basement walls stood as a reminder of what was, until 1900 when FC Reese stepped in with a Big Dream to purchase it. After finding investors for $50 a share, meeting with city council members, the current building was built in 1902 for $15,000. The Corning Opera House opened in September. The Gauthier family’s Big Dream opened the Adams County Free Press in this building in 1935. Next came the Dan Field family’s free press Big Dream about 1980. In 2000, the Corning Opera House non-profit had a Big Dream which culminated in the restoration in 2012.