Our first priority is the protection and preservation of the grand old lady who has a new make-up job! She serves the Adams Community as both a treasured historic landmark and working venue. Keeping the opera house beautiful for all future events and generations is of utmost importance to us.
Who Gets Priority in Renting?
1) Corning Opera House Cultural Center 2) Adams County Residents/Organizations/Businesses 3) Out of Town Promoters
How do I go about renting the opera house?
1) Check available dates on the Events tab on the website 2) Call De at 641.418.8037 to confirm availability 3) To secure a reservation, rental fee + damage deposit + rental agreement needs to be filled out and returned to COHCC, 800 Davis Avenue, Corning, IA 50841
What is available to rent?
1) Conference Room – first floor – seating for 48 with tables and chairs; small kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave; food is allowed; great for baby showers, meetings, family reunions, etc. 2) Auditorium – second floor – removable seating for 96 with tables and chairs or 120 with chairs only; food is allowed; great for class reunions, wedding receptions, concerts, dances; elevator available; balcony seats 166 3) Annex – second floor – no handicapped access; 3 rooms; 2 full bathrooms 4) Kitchen – first floor – refrigerator, stove, warming oven, microwave
Do you have a concession stand?
1) Available at all COHCC events are candy bars, popcorn, pop,
water 2) Some events have beer and wine available 3) Concession stand opens 30 minutes before show starts 4) Concession stand closes after intermission
Can I bring my own food or drink into the opera house?
No food or beverage may be brought in for ticketed events Yes - You may have a caterer for receptions or meetings.
Do you have beer or wine available?
Beer and wine are available at some performances. Beer and wine may be contracted for private parties.
What is the dress code?
Depends on the event. Most events are casual dress.
What is the standard arrival time?
Ticket booth opens 30-45 minutes before a show starts. Doors open to the auditorium 30 minutes before a show. If you arrive late to a concert, please wait at the doors, until you hear applause.
Do you have intermissions?
All live shows will have a 10 - 15 minute intermission.
What happens in the case of inclement weather or cancelled events?
Check the website - www.corningoperahouse.com Check facebook page Call 641.418.8037
What accommodations do you have for people with disabilities?
The west entrance is handicapped accessible. There is an elevator from the first floor to the second floor auditorium. All restrooms are handicapped accessible on the first and second floors. There are steps to the balcony and annex.
What about cell phones & pagers?
Turn to silent or vibrate during live events. No texting during events. Respect your neighbors and take calls in the lobby.
Can I take video or pictures?
1) Announcements will be made at the beginning of each show, most shows do not allow pictures/video without prior approval 2) Pictures/Video during private rentals are allowed 3) COHCC has the right to use all photos taken/placed on Facebook/internet